They would be kind to one another and they would help each other: Neutrality Movement The Bridge…
GO FOLLOW MY NEW BLOG if you still follow me or care
They would be kind to one another and they would help each other: Neutrality Movement The Bridge…
GO FOLLOW MY NEW BLOG if you still follow me or care
They would be kind to one another and they would help each other: Neutrality Movement The Bridge…
HEY GUYS IF YOU COULD GO FOLLOW MY NEW BLOG THAT WOULD BE GREAT but only if you like social justice because it’s gonna be REALLY social justicy
Italo Calvino on abortion and the true meaning of life, in a letter nearly 40 years old yet timelier than ever.
(Source: , via choosechoice)
Anytime someone questions my support for President Obama I’m just going to pull up my Tumblr and show them this.
TW: TRANSPHOBIA, APOLOGISM, RACISM, OUTING
I will never understand people who seek to out people (as LGBTQ). Someone’s sexuality/gender/preferences are -personal- and if they haven’t told their family/friends/pastor about it, that’s no one’s goddamned business except for the person who’s choosing to keep their identity on the DL.
These people have made it -dangerous- to put personal information up on social media sites like Tumblr. They have made the internet yet another dangerous place for people who don’t fit into the right box.
The most terrible part is that they don’t care. They don’t care that the people they’re outing are -people-. They don’t care that by outing them they could hurt them, alienate them from society, put them at risk of physical harm. They don’t care. They’re too busy living in their modern crusader world where they think they’re right and doing “right.” They’re too busy laughing it up in their ignorant comfort spheres that they don’t think twice about harming other people.
To put it bluntly, they’re sociopaths. And they’re everywhere.
actually, they do
Actually, they don’t. As I’ve just said. Fetuses don’t have rights under the Universal Declaration of Human Rights. This document of law declares that only -born- people have the right to life.
and they should.
Says you. But you don’t offer good reasons why.
The Declaration of Indepence
Nice spelling, there. Really furthers your point. And contrary to what you believe, the Declaration of Independence is not a law document providing rights to anyone, but a letter written to the British.
states that all men are created equal
Note that it just says MEN. If this is the source you’re going by, does that mean that female fetuses don’t matter? Something as old as the Declaration of Independence really shouldn’t be used as evidence for such a recently polemic issue as the abortion debate, because -clearly- things have changed since then. Example: Women now have rights.
CREATED equal, not born
Again, it’s a letter, not a legal document. It doesn’t give anyone rights. Not the born, nor the CREATED.
and that we are all endowed by Our Creator which these inalieable rights, LIFE, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.
Check your spelling. Your argument, regardless of how poorly formatted it is, doesn’t hold up. You capitalize life, but what about liberty? What about the pursuit of happiness? By taking away other people’s reproductive rights, you are taking away their liberty and happiness. Is it better to terminate a non-sentient, unfeeling fetus the size of a lentil, or is it better to control the bodies of sentient, feeling, already-born persons? This is the question you have to ask yourself.
If fetuses are not persons under the law our country has failed because fetuses are human beings, they are equal, and they should be given life. Our Founding Fathers did not specify that these rights were for the born people only. They said ALL men, not some, all.
All men. All -men.- All men have rights, apparently. Yes, that’s right. That’s why men make laws that oppress women and take away their reproductive rights. That’s why men have created a society where the victim is blamed, but not the attacker.
Also, again, the Declaration of Independence is not a legal document. So 1) It doesn’t count. 2) Fetuses don’t have the right to life.
Fetuses are human beings in the scientific sense, but they are not people. They cannot think, they cannot feel. They cannot suffer, they cannot dream. Calling a fetus EQUAL to a person who is already alive is insulting to those who are already born. Would -you- find it okay if someone took the rights of your best friend away just so a fetus could live? Consider this article. Also, fetuses don’t have souls.
That is when it will be okay. Until then, you’re infringing on another individual’s right to life.
Nobody has the right to another person’s body without their constant consent, even if their life depends on it.
Also, you know. Fetuses aren’t individuals, because they’re not people. And they don’t have rights under the universal declaration of human rights. So.
- Arguing with more than one person really desynchronizes your argument. Your argument would be much more coherent if it were just one person’s thoughts.
- You did say kill people. Jojo did. “If you’re so worried about overpopulation and the foster care system, then kill the ones already born.” Even if you weren’t serious, I still feel you’d prefer to hurt an already born person than a fetus, which doesn’t make sense (see below).
- My evidence that you don’t care about foster children is that you’re not fighting for foster children, you’re fighting for unborn fetuses. You’re not fighting for those who feel, think, suffer. You’re fighting for just-conceived humans that don’t think, feel, or suffer, and are in such early developmental stages that they literally are just “a clump of cells.” PS. The humans you’re fighting for are not protected under the universal declaration of human rights, because they are not born, therefore they do not have the right to life. Which -may sound cruel- to you, but I will point out that you’re suggesting someone have a child and put it up for adoption (I’m assuming, if they can’t take care of it) which will result in a 60% chance of them killing themselves or ending up in prison (because that’s how screwed up the foster care system is. This doesn’t make you sound very caring. If you’d -like- to sound caring, you should also be promoting massive changes to the foster care system.
- I want to point out that no one is surprised when they become pregnant as a result of sex, but some people are -devastated-. Reasons why include: Because they have pre-existing medical conditions that result in fatal fetal abnormalities, because they have pre-existing medical conditions that cause pregnancies to miscarry, because they, themselves, are mentally incapable of having a child, because they are not mentally ready/responsible enough to have a child.
- I would also like to point out that many people who are pro-choicelove babies. I’m going to have children! I love children! But if I became pregnantnowI could not have them. I have no means to provide for them. Are you suggesting I throw them into that terrible foster care system I mentioned rather than simply taking a pill to terminate the pregnancy? Because I would catch that shit -early-.
- The fetus may be its own body, but it’s inside of a woman’s body, and the woman, as I mentioned before, is protected under the universal declaration of human rights, whereas the fetus is not. Therefore, she has the right to do whatever you want with it. If you’d like, you could attack the universal declaration of human rights and say that it should include fetuses, but good luck on that, because that’s not going to happen any time soon.
- Even if you’re not misogynists, you act like them. Wishing to oppress women is a form of misogyny. Taking away a right to happiness (under the universal declaration of human rights) is a form of oppression.
- I was bringing religion into this because I assumed you lot were Christians. Feel free to correct me if I’m wrong. The anti-choice debate is just a form of oppression used by The Church to control women.
- WELL. NOW LET ME RESPOND TO ROSE. Guys this is going to get really cumbersome really fast.
- I’m allowed to assume things about you. I might assume -wrong- but most people make assumptions about people based on their words/actions.
- You are not wrong to say that a fetus is a human. A fetus isa human. It is a member of the species homo sapiens. But it is not a person. It isn’t born, neither is it viable outside the womb. It does not perform the necessary bodily functions (such as homeostasis) that are necessary to classify it as a “living” organism in biology. Granted, one day, it might perform homeostasis, etc., become “living,” and be born so that it is covered under the universal declaration of human rights, therefore granting it the right to “life,” but until it is viable outside the womb, it doesn’t have these rights. And until that point, it is not a sentient, autonomous being.
- Trying to give you a wider range of responses. :)
- I know Jojo did. See my response.
- You still have no idea what we do in our spare time. I for one think the foster care systems do need to be fixed, but that doesn’t take away from what I know about abortion. Also, -gasp- go to ANY local church and I can guarantee you that the pastor there will have a list of couples who are looking to adopt. You get to interview those parents, you get to decide if you want them raising your baby. It’s your decision. How about that for “pro-choice”?
- I understand that. I still believe that the only morally-acceptable reason to abort a fetus would be if the life of the mother or the fetus were in danger (or both) and there’s nothing the doctor can do to save either except through abortion. That’s it.
—-Also, some women are actually surprised that they get pregnant. You made a good point that some women are devastated but some women—mostly teenagers—are surprised that having sex can result in a pregnancy.
- Well good for you! I’m glad that you want to have children! Really, I’m not being sarcastic here at all. :) I’m looking forward to having children as well. :D It’ll be hard work but a lot of fun. I obviously don’t want to get pregnant right now either, but that’s why I’m careful about the decisions I make. I’m not telling you what to do by saying that, either, I’m just saying that I avoid pregnancy by abstaining from sexual activities. :)
—-Also, I don’t think that just because I’m not ready to have a child should be an excuse to abort it. There are better options. I don’t think you should ”throw it” into a terrible foster care system, either. See what I said above about going to a local church.
- I’m not oppressing anyone. Really, I’m not. Women can have as much sex as they want. I really don’t care. Just don’t take away the rights of other human beings. (The right to life is discussed in the Declaration of Independence.)
- Some of us are Christian. Some of us are not. It’s okay, I know it’s a bit confusing. I’m a Christian, but that’s not my only reasoning behind being pro-life.
- Yes you are allowed to assume things about me. Just let me be able to let you know when you’re wrong. :)
- Personhood should not determine whether or not it is important. Why should homeostasis ability have to do with whether or not we kill the fetus? Sentience shouldn’t determine that either.
I just can’t. Does anyone really take someone like that seriously? I don’t see how you can.
Someone just needs to calm the fuck down.
I’m not oppressed because I believe in saving myself for my husband and not just sleeping with any and everything that breaths. No one made that decision for me.No one told me to do that. I made that decision for myself; in a society that teaches girls my age that sleeping around is what you should be doing and that it’s fun. That you’re only worth something if you’re ‘experienced.’
I ‘keep my legs closed’ because I don’t want to risk pregnancy.That’s being responsible. Not doing away with pregnancy after the fact.
I do it because I know that sex is not just for pleasure. That it’s supposed to be used to bring people closer together. It’s something that I take very seriously, and I won’t do it with just anyone, for a few moments of pleasure that won’t last.
I ‘keep my legs closed’ because I already love my husband dearly. I don’t know him yet, but I love him enough right now to save myself for him and him only.
To tell me that I hate myself or I only want to be someone’s mindless tool because I choose to abstain from sex is implying that my worth is determined by how much sex I have, which is the very thing you claim to be against.
Using obedient and submissive with nonthinking shows how much you actually know about obedient and submissive wives. It shows how much you actually “care” about women who CHOOSE to be that way.
Wives who choose to obey and submit to their husbands are not non-thinking tools who do whatever the men in their lives tell them to do. All it means is that they believe by letting their husband lead, they are respecting him and that they are taking their rightful place in the home. It does not mean they do not think for themselves. They use their minds and have a say in what goes on in the home, it’s just the husband who has the final say. If they’re okay with that, then who are you to tell them they’re oppressed?
You shun that kind of lifestyle, and then turn around and say we respect ALL women! No you only respect women who agree with you. You only respect women who do what you approve of. You say being a mother is such hard work, unless that’s all a woman does, then you think there’s nothing to it.
You think women who choose to submit are holding women back. You try to make them feel worthless. You liken them to children who can’t do anything for themselves.
You just want women to have choices right?
Well I choose to abstain from sex until I’m married. I will choose to submit to my husband when I get married. I will choose to be obedient. If you’re so adamant about supporting women’s choices, then you should support my choice.
You don’t have to like it or agree with it, I don’t care if you do, but that doesn’t mean you need to belittle me or any other woman for it. That’s not very ‘pro-woman’ of you.
Let me start off by saying I would AGREE with this post if you had written it in response to someone who was actually telling you not to live your life the way you’re living it.
The problem is, it wasn’t.
Let me reiterate what I said:
Now, to address your post. YOU ARE RIGHT. It is wrong to tell someone how to live their life. I was not telling you how to live your life. If you want to be submissive and wait until marriage, I am totally cool with that. That is a big part of American culture and I see no qualms with it. The reason why I see no qualms with it is because I want people to have the freedom to choose what to do with their lives/bodies. This is why a person who’s telling a woman to keep her legs closed is trying to control women—because they are telling her how to live.
Now, if you want to wait until marriage, great. If you don’t want to risk pregnancy, fantastic! Good choice. If you take sex very seriously, congrats! That shows maturity. And if you want to let your husband lead you and have the final say in your relationship—you have that right. I’m not even going to tell you that’s wrong—and no one else should either. I believe you can do whatever you’d like if it will make you happy. Know why? Life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.
BUT I do have a couple of qualms with your post. Belittling someone in the first sentence is pretty uncouth. So is using a gif. So is telling me to calm the fuck down. Especially when you basically reblogged something out of context, read the intention wrong, and got upset over it.
But what’s even more unrefined is implying that you think women who aren’t submissive and have sex are BAD women.
All it means is that they believe by letting their husband lead, they are respecting him and that they are taking their rightful place in the home.
A woman’s rightful place is wherever she’d like to be, regardless of where you think she should be. This includes being the leader or breadwinner of a family.
[This] society teaches girls my age that sleeping around is what you should be doing and that it’s fun. That you’re only worth something if you’re ‘experienced.’
I’m not oppressed because I believe in saving myself for my husband and not just sleeping with any and everything that breaths.
People who have sex are not “sleeping with any and everything that breathes.” They’re just having sex. They’re just doing something your mother did, your grandmother did, and your great-grandmother did. There’s nothing wrong with it.
Why should someone else have to pay for your mistake?
Why should I add to the overwhelming problems of overpopulation and a clogged foster care system? Doesn’t sound responsible to me. And that’s assuming that going through a pregnancy won’t be massively damaging to me- which it would be. Once again, damaging my body, mind, and future sound pretty irresponsible.
Having sex when you know you cannot handle the consequence of an unplanned pregnancy is irresponsible. And how many times will you pro-aborts have to be told that overpopulation is a MYTH? -Crystal
Killing an innocent human because of a mistake is not responsible. If you’re so worried about overpopulation[which ,like Crystal said, is a myth] and the foster care system, then kill the ones already born.
And you’re only thinking about yourself. That’s selfish. It’s not just you involved. Nothing you go through is worse than an innocent defenseless human losing its life.~~Jojo
- Did you -actually- just suggest that people kill -already born- people for the sake of fetuses that people -don’t want-? OH YOU ARE SO RIGHT. KILLING PEOPLE is definitely the answer to your qualm with “killing people!” How the hell do you call yourself pro-life? Do you even know what pro-life means? How the hell do you call yourself pro-life when you don’t give a shit about the children already in foster care? How the hell do you call yourself pro-life when you don’t care about all the people who already suffer in the world (like pregnant mothers!) How the hell do you call yourself pro-life when you don’t care about this woman, prochoicetruth, who has unavoidable medical problems which make pregnancy -an impossible event-?
- She’s already on -two- types of birth control. If she gets pregnant, it is -not- her fault, because she is already taking -two- forms of responsible action to -not- get pregnant. You telling her to keep her legs closed if she doesn’t want to get pregnant only shows how childish your way of thinking is. Did your mommy tell you that women shouldn’t have sex if they don’t want to get pregnant? Did a member of your church tell you? Let me inform you, miss, that anyone who tells you that women should keep their legs closed -hates women-. They are trying to oppress all women, including you, so that they are obedient, submissive, non-thinking -tools- who don’t have sex until they’re married and do whatever their husband/father/preacher says. And you know what, if you want to be that kind of woman, you go right on ahead! We don’t mind who you listen to, and we don’t mind what decisions you make with your life. That’s what being pro-choice means. If you grew up in that world and feel comfortable in that world, we’re not going to drag you out of it. If you feel comfortable being that kind of woman, then go on ahead, but it’s not fair for you to shove that kind of thinking down other people’s throats. This is AMERICA. In America we have the freedom to make our own decisions! Pro-choice women aren’t going to -obey- you anyway, because they are able to think for themselves. If you ignore all other aspects of this post, I would like you to think about one thing: Can you think of one solution—just one solution—to your problem with abortion, that doesn’t involve controlling a woman’s body? Because that’s what you’re asking for. You’re telling people to not do certain things with their body (abstinence), and definitely do other things with their body (come to term on pregnancy).
- PS. We’d all really love to see some evidence that overpopulation is a myth. Because it’s not. I’m positive that you can look it up on Google -right now- if you’d like.
Somebody needs to chillllllll outttttt
Oh haha, that’s adorable. Oh-Snap-Pro-Lifers can’t form a coherent argument against mine, so she tells me to chill out and posts some gifs. Isn’t that adorable? Children these days.
PS. Thanks for saying “calm your tits”. Just shows how much you hate women.
And I -love- that you’re reblogging this. Just shows all your followers how incapable of debate you are.
LMAO you think I can’t form a better argument than yours???Seriously? hahahaha no darlin’, I can, it’s just, people like you can’t think very well, and, I wouldn’t want to confuse you, you poor ignorant little thing. You aren’t worth the energy I’m even using to type this out! :D Maybe someone else on this blog will bother with you, but haha you ain’t worth my time! <3
Oh yes I hate women so much, how did you know??!!! Silly! Women are evil ugh I hate them!!!!! /End sarcasm.
If you can actually debate me, I would like you to debate me. Otherwise you’re all talk and no walk. Also, I am not your darling. I am my boyfriend’s darling, my mother’s darling, my father’s darling, but I am not your darling. So don’t be so condescending when you’re not even -trying- to properly debate me.
Lol come at us like a bitch expect to get a bitchy response back.
You want to debate, then debate! But don’t start calling us misogynists and saying we hate women. Ha, please.
Fine, here’s your debate:
- You suggest killing the already born, therefore you are not pro-life. You are pro-fetus. Suggesting killing people (who can think, feel, and love), in this society, also makes you a “bad person” (tm).
- You don’t care about orphans, children in the foster care system, or mothers with inevitable medical complications, therefore you are not onlynotpro-life, but you are a person with little empathy.
- Telling women to “keep their legs closed” is a form of oppression and slut-shaming. You have no right to control what other people do with their bodies. This includes telling them to keep a fetus in their uterus. You do not have that right.
- Since you are anti-feminist (which I believe to be a form of misogyny), you are a misogynist. It also doesn’t help your case that your first line of retort is to call someone an angry bitch, which is misogynistic phrasing. It also doesn’t help your case that you told me to “calm my tits”. It also doesn’t help that you want to oppress women, control what they do with their bodies, and shame them from doing anything otherwise.
- Pro-choice people believe that everyone has a choice. This means that you can do what you’d like with your body, but you cannot tell us what to do with ours. If you could, that would be un-American, because you know who tells women what they can do with their bodies? Oppressive dictatorships.
- In America, we have the first amendment, which allows you to say whatever you’d like online, but does not protect you from criticism. This amendment also protects people who are pro-choice from being forced to carry a baby to term, because if we did not have the first amendment, religious people would probably illegalize abortion.
- I challenge you to think of one solution to your abortion problem that doesn’t involve “killing people,” as you said, and also doesn’t involve controlling what people do with their bodies.
- Overpopulation isn’t a myth. Look it up on Google. It’s real.
I know that’s a lot of points at once, but since I’m so sure you actually read my first post, I’m sure a lot of it seems familiar. I look forward to how you debate these points.
Um I’ve never said anything about killing anyone born or unborn. What proof do you have that we don’t care about foster children? How are we “slut shaming” the term slut shaming is shaming itself! The fetus is it’s own body, not the woman’s. Fine have sex, but don’t be surprised when you become pregnant. Angry bitch is a phrased used by anyone, for anyone, it’s not misogynist. “Calm your tits” is an expression. Feel free to fire your tits up at any time. Why are you bringing religion into this? Its irrelevant. A solution to abortio nproblem that doesn’t include killing people? DON’T GET ONE.
- If you think anyone was serious about killing the already born, you seriously need to re-think that. The person who wrote that was trying to get you to realize how ridiculous that sounded. Clearly, you understand how ridiculous that sounded. Clearly, you don’t understand that we don’t want to do that.
- Don’t assume anything about us. You have no idea what we do in our spare time.
- Women can do whatever the heck they want. I don’t care. I really truly don’t. It’s when they want to take life of another person away that I have a problem. I also have a problem when they’re surprised when they don’t keep their legs closed that they get pregnant. Birth control isn’t 100% preventable. Be smart about it.
- I think you need to understand one thing before debating with us… We can be serious. We have facts and we use science, but we also like to use humor. It keeps the conversation light and it makes it more enjoyable.
- I don’t believe that I should be able to tell another person what they should do with their bodies either. That’s why I have a problem with those who are pro-abortion (which is also what pro-choice promotes) because it’s letting one person decide what to do with another’s body.
- The Constitution is supposed to protect US citizens. We’re allowed to post our beliefs and you’re allowed to post yours. But keep in mind that we believe that a fetus is a human.
- I’ll let Jojo respond to the overpopulation stuff.